Wrong Way Car Accidents
Sacramento Auto Accident Attorney Helps with Wrong Way Car Accidents
Wrong way accidents happen if a car travels into a lane of oncoming traffic or drives the wrong way down a one-way street. On average, about 360 lives are lost each year in about 260 fatal wrong-way collisions. Often, these collisions are head-on or front-end collision, and can be extremely deadly. If you or a loved one has been injured in a wrong-way accident, contact a Sacramento auto accident attorney immediately for legal representation.
These types of accidents are usually a result of negligent behavior. Sometimes a driver could be lost, tired or drunk. In most cases, wrong-way accidents have the following causes:
- Drunk driving or influence of other drugs. We hear it over and over again how dangerous drunk driving is. Drugs and alcohol can cause confusion and result in a driver blacking out or misinterpreting signs.
- Elderly drivers suffering from mental illnesses. It is important all drivers on the road are mentally stable. However, some drivers who suffer from Alzheimer’s disease or dementia for instance, can lose the cognitive function to understand or obey signs.
- Suicidal drivers. Although these may be rare, a person who decides to end his or her life on the road doesn’t usually care for others on the road can therefore cause devastating collisions.
- Medical emergencies. Sometimes, patients who haven’t been treated properly from traumatic brain injuries or untreated injuries, can be confused by road signs.
- Poorly constructed road signs. A missing sign or a poorly placed sign can cause confusion for perfectly stable and mentally sound drivers but can also have severe repercussions on ongoing traffic. In these instances, it’s possible the government entity is responsible for the crash.
These accidents, for the most part could have been prevented. It’s important that if you’ve been a victim of a wrong-way accident, you contact an attorney who can help with your case specifically and get you the compensation you deserve.
The California Department of Transportation has found that wrong way accidents caused 12 times the number of deaths compared with all other accidents on highways. Studies have also found that most wrong-way accidents occur between midnight and 6am, the most deadly hour being between 2 and 3am. To be on the other end of a car driving at you the wrong way is a terrifying experience. With both cars heading towards each other at an increasing speed, there is almost no time to react to avoid the collision. If you or a loved one was involved in a head-on collision due to a negligent driver driving the wrong way, contact an experienced Sacramento auto accident attorney immediately.
Talk to a Sacramento Auto Accident Attorney About Your Legal Needs
If you were injured due to the negligence of another, regardless of the nature of the underlying accident, it is important to contact an experienced Sacramento auto accident attorney to discuss your legal options. The Weinberger Law Firm has the resources and expertise to aggressively litigate your case in court, fighting to get you just compensation for your injury. Call (916) 299-8131 today for a free consultation regarding your personal injury case.
We've Served Our Community for 30 Years
Mutli-Million Dollar Verdicts & Settlements
95% Success Rate Without Going to Trial
We Will Come to You If You Cannot Travel
Intentionally Small to Provide Excellent Service
Insight into Insurance Company Tactics