Personal Injury Attorney Helps Victims of Accidents That Caused Nerve Damage in Sacramento, CA
Nerve damage is a common injury in auto accidents, workplace accidents, dog bites, slip and falls, and medical negligence and it’s also one of the most challenging ones to prove in a personal injury claim.
Various Types of Nerve Damages
There are three recognized degrees of nerve damages:
- Neurapraxia: Less severe form of nerve injury that usually recovers within a few weeks to months with proper treatment and rehabilitation.
- Axonotmesis: A more serious type of nerve injury that results in paralysis and loss of sensory and motor functions in the part of the body sustaining trauma.
- Neurotmesis: The most severe type of nerve injury resulting in permanent lacerations and damage to the nerve.
Only a medical expert can assist you in properly diagnosing your injury and recommending you proper rehabilitation. However, if you suffered from a nerve injury, make sure to contact an experienced personal injury attorney to see if you are entitled to compensation. Victims who have more severe types of nerve damage may require lengthy and costly medical procedures and in worst cases, nerve damage could be irreparable causing a lifetime of pain discomfort, numbness and paralysis.
Damages for Nerve Damage Injuries
Unlike other types of injuries such as broken bones or scarring, nerve damage is not visible by sight and can therefore be challenging when your case goes before a judge or a jury. An experienced attorney will have the knowledge and skillset to use other methods to prove your case. If you or a family member has suffered a nerve damage due to the negligence of others, contact an attorney. Some of the compensation could be for:
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Lost current and future wages
- Permanent injury or disability
- Pain and suffering
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of career or earning potential
- Future medical treatments
- Emotional trauma and mental duress
- Emotional therapy
- Costs of physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Don’t wait any second to seek compensation if you are suffering.
Symptoms of Nerve Damage
A significant complication of nerve damage is the pain that is associated with it. Nerve pain is often unbearable and according to statistics, more than 15 million Americans suffer from nerve pain every year. Some symptoms of nerve damage are:
- Muscle atrophy
- Sexual dysfunctions
- Sensory damage
- Lack of sweating
- Involuntary twitching
- Tingling sensations
- Bladder dysfunction
- Inability to feel certain parts of your body
Treatment such as physical therapy and acupuncture can help relieve these symptoms. If you have experienced any of the above complications due to an injury from an auto accident, assault or battery, construction site accident, medical malpractice or any other sort of accident, contact a skilled personal injury attorney.
The most important thing in a personal injury case is evidence and proof of damage. Diagnostic nerve conduction tests can show impairment of nerves. And usually, a testimony from a medical expert can help as well. Once the fact of nerve damage is established, the plaintiff will usually be able to testify to his or hers experience and the impact the injuries have had. In any case, it’s best to get help from a legal expert to tell you what is needed to prove your case.
We've Served Our Community for 30 Years
Mutli-Million Dollar Verdicts & Settlements
95% Success Rate Without Going to Trial
We Will Come to You If You Cannot Travel
Intentionally Small to Provide Excellent Service
Insight into Insurance Company Tactics